Senior Director/Vice President of Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: RARX), is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of serious diseases that are caused by excessive or uncontrolled activation of the complement system, a critical component of the immune system.
Ra Pharma combines its expertise in area of complement with leadership in macrocycle peptide technology to discover and develop therapeutics that transform the lives of patients with life threatening disorders. The Company’s lead product candidate, zilucoplan (RA101495 SC), is being developed as a convenient self-administered subcutaneous (“SC”) injection to treat a variety of life-threatening and debilitating complement-mediated diseases including paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (“PNH”), a rare, chronic, blood disorder where red blood cells are mistakenly attacked and destroyed by the complement system (program entering phase 3), and, generalized myasthenia gravis (“gMG”; currently in Phase 2 clinical trials).
We are also developing a portfolio of drug candidates designed to treat a variety of complement-mediated diseases, including rare blood, neurologic, ocular, renal and inflammatory diseases. We have discovery and preclinical programs targeting selective inhibition of certain complement factors, including Factor D for ocular and renal diseases, an oral, small molecule C5 inhibitor, and inhibitors of other complement factors for certain ocular, autoimmune and central nervous system (“CNS”) diseases. In addition to our focus on developing novel therapeutics to treat complement-mediated diseases, we have validated our Extreme Diversity/mRNA display platform by successfully delivering orally-available cyclic peptides for a non-complement cardiovascular target with a large market opportunity in a collaboration with Merck & Co., Inc. (“Merck”).
The position reports to the CFO and will also actively interact with other senior executives and have the primary responsibility for aligning investor relations and corporate communications strategies across all departments of the Company. The position will also lead and manage the execution of a value-creating investor relations strategy through interactions with investment bankers, sell-side analysts, and institutional investors, and a corporate public relations strategy with a focus on the business and life sciences media, other relevant stakeholders, and media outlets.
- Leadership, management, and execution of an integrated investor relations and corporate communications strategy to achieve key goals and objectives, including:
- Message and content development,
- Buy-side and sell-side targeting,
- Planning and organizing road shows,
- Investment banking conferences, and
- R&D/analyst day and special events
- Build and maintain existing relationships with institutional investors and analysts
- Oversee coordinated media relations plans to increase awareness of Company and improve Company image in the market
- Prepare CEO, and other senior executives for media interviews (digital, radio, print), to ensure key messages are delivered consistently
- Prepare investor and corporate communications materials such as company presentations, corporate and earnings press releases, prepared remarks/conference calls (for important data releases), Company Q&A/FAQs, and contribute to SEC filings (Forms 10-K, 10Q, 8-K), as necessary
- Participate in financing strategy, and planning, development and related execution of corporate/finance plan
- Develop relevant communications policies and related employee training
- Lead Publications Committee with responsibility for management of Company presentations at key scientific and medical conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA, CFA or advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 7+ years investor relations experience. Direct experience in an IR/Corporate Communications role in a biotech or pharmaceutical company required, with both clinical stage and commercial stage organization experience a significant plus
- Thorough knowledge of the financial regulatory and reporting environment for publicly-held life science /biotech companies in the U.S. (Experience in an international setting is a plus)
- Excellent communicator, very strong oral and written skills
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency with presentation tools
- Experience working with industry-focused and mainstream media outlets
- Confidence to develop and present ideas is critical
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
To apply: Email resume to email@example.com
We provide a highly stimulating working environment coupled with a high level of intellectual challenge. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits program. Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds. M/F/D/V