Senior Accountant – Accounting Operations with an Emphasis on Payroll and Stock-Based Compensation
Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: RARX), is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of serious diseases that are caused by excessive or uncontrolled activation of the complement system, a critical component of the immune system.
The Senior Accountant serves a critical role in ensuring the accurate and timely preparation and recording of stock-based compensation and payroll accounting transactions for the company. Primary responsibilities include preparing shared-based compensation accounting, integration of ADP payroll accounting and processing payroll. Other responsibilities include accounting research and support of the accounting close process. This role will interact closely with various departments including Human Resources.
- Assist with the month end close process.
- Input journal entries into general ledger system, which includes the preparation and submission of supporting documentation and work papers
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Prepare stock-based compensation accounting and reporting records and reconciliation of all stock-based compensation transactions under U.S. GAAP, including support for footnote disclosures for inclusion in the Company’s financial statement filings
- Prepare various reports and schedules related to stock-based compensation accounting for monthly and quarterly internal and external reporting requirements
- Assist with the annual budgeting for stock-based compensation and monitor budget to actual variances
- Prepare and record monthly ADP payroll, analyze payroll expenses as needed
- Prepare assigned balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues requiring explanations and interpretation
- Ensure timely and complete delivery of any documentation required to support external and internal audits and reporting
- Monitor, participate in, and enhance formal processes for internal controls surrounding payroll reporting process to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act requirements.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Maintain time and expense reporting system
- Additional assignments as assigned by the Management
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Three (3) to five (5) years of applicable experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Experience with payroll and benefit accounting desired
- Experience with Stock-Based compensation accounting
- Experience with data processing systems in the accounting and reporting environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to work with all levels of management and employees
- Effective time management skills with a focus on process improvement
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure and must be willing to work outside of normal office hours
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
To apply: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide a highly stimulating working environment coupled with a high level of intellectual challenge. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits program. Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds. M/F/D/V