Research Associate/Associate Scientist–Target Biology
Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: RARX), is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of serious diseases that are caused by dysregulation of the complement system, a critical component of the immune system. Ra Pharma combines its expertise in the area of complement biology with leadership in macrocycle peptide technology to discover and develop therapeutics that transform the lives of patients with life threatening disorders.
Description: We are currently seeking a Research Associate or Associate Scientist to join our Target Biology Assay group. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of cell-based and immune-based assays such as ELISA and hemolysis of red blood cells to validate therapeutic targets and demonstrate efficacy of lead compounds. Further, the candidate will execute on key assays as part of our SAR studies for our small molecule complement inhibitor program. Finally, the candidate will also provide molecular biology and protein purification support to mRNA display and in vitro selection platform.
- BA/BS or MS degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline with research experience preferably in biotech or pharma (7+ years for BA/BS, 3-5 years for MS)
- Experience developing cell-based assays for target inhibition in a drug discovery setting
- Hands-on experience in in vitro cell based assays, plate-based assays such ELISA
- Experience using liquid handlers
- Basic molecular biology techniques and protein purification trainings
- Proficiency in scientific data reporting and analysis e.g. IC50 determination, assay robustness analysis
- Flexible and careful bench scientist eager to work in a collaborative environment while having the ability to work independently following SOPs with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge in computer program languages like Python or MATLAB scripts is a plus.
To apply: Email resume to email@example.com
We provide a highly stimulating working environment coupled with a high level of intellectual challenge. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits program. Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds. M/F/D/V